Dental Practice Act (DPA) Homestudy Course
I am confused, what Dental Practice Act courses I must complete?
Unlicensed Dental or Orthodontic Assistant or a dental assistant preparing to take the RDA examination, the following is required:
If you have been in a dentist’s continuous employment for 120 days or more and you do not have a license, you must complete the following courses within a year of the date of employment.
In addition, if you are applying to take the RDA examination, you must also submit proof of completion of:
- Two hour Dental Board approved course California Dental Practice Act
- Eight hour Infection Control
- CPR Certification sponsored by American Heart Association or Red Cross
On this information page, you will find out how to order a home study program for the 2 hour required Dental Practice Act course.
What are the Requirements for the Dental Practice Act Homestudy Course?
- Once we receive your registration form and fee, we will e-mail you a comprehensive syllabus, written final examination and answer sheet.
- You are to download and print the syllabus, examination and answer sheet.
- This type of educational program allows you to review the material at your own pace.
- Once you feel comfortable with the material, you complete the answer written examination on the answer sheet. You then fax in your answer sheet to 760-200-2850.
- You have 7 days from the date of purchase to complete the course and examination. After 7 days, if you have not completed the requirements, you will be required to retake the course at the tuition rate.
- Once you pass the examination with a 75% score or higher, a Certificate of Completion will be e-mailed to you immediately.
What must I do if I have lost my certificate?
If you lose your certificate, you must send us a letter requesting a duplicate copy. In this letter, please specify when you completed this homestudy program and where you wish the certificate to be mailed. The cost for this service is $25.
How do I reach EFDAA if I have any questions?
The easiest and most efficient way to contact us is via the e-mail system. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to reach us by phone, call 760-200-2851.